WTS Works with Chemical Manufacturers to Find Sustainable Materials Management Opportunities
Manufacturing processes generate by-product materials that need to be managed responsibly and sustainably.
WTS, a by-product management services provider, works with chemical manufacturers to minimize or eliminate waste, recover value from by-products and divert waste from the landfill.
Since 2010, WTS has helped chemical manufacturers divert 1 billion pounds of materials from landfills through sustainable recovery options.
- Beneficial Reuse – 890.15 million lbs
- Innovative reuse of by-products and/or co-products that is economically and environmentally beneficial.
- Natural Resource Preservation – 289.99 million lbs
- The act of preserving resources by substituting alternative technologies to expressly continue sustainable use.
- Recycling – 166.16 million lbs
- The act of processing by-products and/or co-products into new products to prevent waste of potentially useful materials.
- Energy From Waste – 81.44 million lbs
- The process of creating energy in the form of electricity or heat from the thermal application of organic by-products.
- Resource Reclamation – 20.78 million lbs
- The act of reclaiming resources from by-products and/or co-products that can be processed into a product of value.